The association of radiation therapy technologists of India was formed in the year 1996 with the efforts of Hyderabad radiation therapy technologists. There are about 1500 radiation therapy technologists working in the department of radiation oncology in India. The association was formed to bring all of them under one roof to provide a platform to express our frank opinion and share our experience with the colleagues. At Present we have 1000 active members in the association. The Association of Radiotherapy technologists of India was founded with objective of encouraging the Radiation technology & physics in medicine. It provides a forum for Radiation technologists in the form of conducting annual conferences (at national and international levels) and for the exchange of ideas and dissemination of new knowledge. The Association collaborates with similar associations in the world to arise the quality of Radiotherapy in India.
The aims and objectives of our association are :
- Recognition of the profession.
- Uniform syllabus & Designation.
- Developing the academic activities.
- Exchange of information between individual to help members keep abreast of the advances in technology.
- Nature of responsibility of the technologist.
- To conduct annual professional conferences/workshops/CME at regional levels.
Association organized 16 national conferences, 4 International conferences and
1 SARC conference, workshops, Seminars and CME’s in regional levels.
Radiation Technologists code of Ethics:
- The Radiation technologist advances the principal objective of profession of to provide services to humanity with full respect for the dignity of mankind.
- The radiation technologist delivers patient care and service unrestricted by concerns of personal attributes or the nature of disease or illness, and without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion or socioeconomic status.
- The radiation technologist assesses situations exercises care, discretion and judgment; assumes responsibility for professional decisions and acts in the interest of the patient.
- The radiation technologist adheres to the tenets an domains of the scope of practice for radiation technologists.
- The radiation technologist actively engages in lifelong learning to maintain, improve and enhance professional competence and knowledge.